Saturday, July 2, 2011

Awaited

I sit here, drawing
nothing in particular just a doodle
I've been here -what an hour?

I'm just about ready to leave as
I finish my final line
then in my outer view
I see You

I turn the page in my book as if nothing is askew
but inside
I'm shaking and praying that
I didn't just see a ghost

I close my eyes a moment to find what
I want to draw
I close my eyes and all
I see is, of course, You

I hear You sigh across the table
my heart jumps up into the sky
tentatively, nervously
I look up and inside
I'm thanking everyone and everything
because it wasn't a ghost

it was You, my Master

a shaky hand reaches for my neck and of course as
I hold it a light jingle can be heard
You smile a gentle smile of understanding

You stand and of course
I follow and of course my collar lightly jingles as I follow You. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment