Monday, May 13, 2013

Just

I'm conflicted
I love you, I always will.
But he needs me too.
We need each other,

Hazel eyes with olive skin
or
Fair with bright blue eyes

He understands though
What it's like to be broken
Maybe not the way I am
But we know how to heal one another
Lick the others wounds

When you saw my wounds 
you glared and disapproved
You never did comfort me
You just shrugged it off like a childish quip
He holds me, and tells me that I mean more to him than that

Yet your eyes still linger
I said it before, didn't I?
That we were friends, and that was it
Then why do I feel like we are still
So much more

I love you both

But one is the future
and one is the past

I no longer feel entitled to call you master
You're just my friend
My handsome funny kinda snobbish friend
I love you
I always will
and though I may sometimes dream of your kisses
or reach for your touch

I know in my heart
That when I'm broken
He is the one that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment